As the temperature starts to drop, what better way is to start the day than with a big ol’ bowl of soul warming porridge? But it doesn’t stop at breakfast, because come winter, it’s not uncommon to see us roaming the halls of LJ HQ tucking into a bowl of porridge for lunch too. But if you’re tired of your go-to overnight oat recipe, the one you’ve relied on for years, it’s time to pimp your porridge… and we’ve got just the thing to help you do so!
When it comes to porridge, we know what’s up, and we couldn’t’ rate this Apple Crumble Porridge any higher! So if it’s time for you to shake up the way you wake up, might we suggest you do it with this bountiful bowl. but if you want more… we’ve got plenty more where that came from! Check out more of our favourite porridge recipes here!
Apple Crumble Porridge
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 apple peeled (half grated, half diced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoon almonds (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1-2 strawberries
- Add the diced apple, water and cinnamon to a saucepan and simmer until apple is soft.
- Transfer to a ramekin with chopped almonds, almond meal and honey and bake in a 180C/350F oven for 15 minutes or until almond meal starts to brown and apple bubble.
- While that’s cooking, make the porridge base, and add in grated apple – stir until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes). Stir in coconut cream and chopped dates and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add crumble to the top of your porridge and drizzle with more honey if required. Adorne with fresh apple slices and strawberry (optional)