Turn your Good Friday into a Great Friday with these delicious and nutritious fish recipes that are just a little bit fancy.
Fresh from the pages of our Clean and Simple Eating Book these tantalising recipes will tickle the tastebuds of your friends and family and are the perfect plates to dish up for lunch or dinner.
Miso Marinated White Fish With Greens
Prep + cook time: 50 minutes, plus refrigeration
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 (about 150g/5 ounces each) firm white fish fillets
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (260g), trimmed
- 1 firm ripe avocado (250g), peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 11/3 cups (550g) medium-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- steamed snow peas, to serve
How to make it:
- Steam the brown rice over a saucepan of simmering water (about 45 mins). Combine the miso paste, tamari, orange juice, garlic and honey in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the fish and coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place a wire rack on top. Drain the fish from the marinade and place on the rack. Bake for 12 minutes or until the fish is golden and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into ribbons. Place the cucumber and avocado in a bowl and add vinegar and oil. Toss to combine. Divide the steamed rice among plates. Top with the avocado mixture and fish. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve with steamed snow peas.
TIP: Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the thickness of fish.
Salmon, Seaweed, Sesame and Roast Vegetable Salad
Prep + cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 500g (1lb) baby red rascal potatoes, washed, halved
- 500g (1lb) sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4cm (2in) pieces
- ½ fennel bulb, cut into 4cm (2in) pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large red capsicum (350g), thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion (200g), cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 cup (40g) white sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 sheets of dried seaweed – not sure what happens to this – shredded or torn?
- 300g (91/2 ounces) salmon fillet, skin off
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons dulse flakes
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Place potato, sweet potato, fennel, garlic and oil in a bowl. Toss well to combine. Toss in a single layer, onto a two oven trays lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Turn potato and sweet potato. Add capsicum and red onion onto tray Add garlic with capsicum and onion. Roast for 20 minutes then set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Season salmon fillet with salt and place on baking tray lined with fresh baking paper. Cook oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Remove and pull apart and place in bowl.
- Make dressing. Place lemon juice, oil, mustard and dulse flakes in a screw-top jar. Secure lid and shake well to combine.
- Place vegetables, salmon, sesame seeds and seaweed in a bowl. Pour over dressing. Toss gently to combine. Serve.