No matter how full you are, you can ALWAYS find room for dessert (amirite girls?) especially if the dessert in question is ice-cream. Regardless of whether it’s the middle of summer or the dead of winter, there are few things in life that are quite as satisfying as curling up in front of Netflix after a long day with a big ol’ bowl of the cold creamy stuff. What’s not as satisfying, is the sugar slump that inevitably ensues such a session, but what if we told you we found a way for you to have your
cake magnum ego and eat it too? That’s right friends, our good friend The Tasty K, changed life as we know it when she introduced us to her Vegan Magnum Ego with a gooey salted caramel filling… drool.
If that wasn’t enough to tickle your taste-buds, then feast your eyes on the video below…
VEGAN MAGNUM EGO WITH SALTED CARAMEL
Ice cream filling:
- ½ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- crushed raw almonds
- shredded coconut
- buckwheat groats
- Place all the ice cream ingredients into the blender and mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the molds until they are ¾ full (make sure not to fill them up completely so you have some space left for the caramel).
- Add the wooden sticks and place the filled molds into the freezer for about 1 hour (the ice cream should be quite firm already).
- In the meantime prepare the salted caramel filling by placing all ingredients into the blender and mixing them until you get a creamy texture (this will take some patience and you will have to use you blender stick to mash up the dates).
- Once you got the desired texture spread the caramel evenly into the remaining ¼ of the molds.
- Place the molds back into the freezer for 1-2 hours until the caramel has hardened up.
- Combine all the raw chocolate ingredients in a bowl and mix until you get a smooth chocolate mixture.
- Dip each popsicle into the chocolate, top with crushed almonds if desired and place them on a baking sheet in the freezer to dry. Make sure to let them defrost for about 3-5 minutes at room temperature before eating!