At long last, soup season is finally upon us again and we couldn’t be happier about it. It’s official, we’re calling this creamy, cleansing cauliflower soup from our beautiful friend JS Health the soup of the season. Why? Not only does it taste damn delicious, but cauliflower packs a serious nutritional punch and offers a whole host of health benefits including boost heart and brain health, aid digestion, detoxifies the body and is rich in vitamins and minerals. In fact, did you know that just one serving of cauliflower contains 77% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin c?
Try it with a slice of freshly baked gluten-free rosemary and sea-salt bread. Get the recipe here
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Sage
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 L veggie stock
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed, organic olive oil
- 8 sage leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat.
- Add the chopped leek and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, cashews, stock and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend soup until thick and creamy.
- Heat a smaller frying pan over medium-heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, carefully dip one sage leaf at a time into the oil until crisp (only 2-3 seconds). Transfer with a fork to paper towels and sprinkle with salt.