It’s no secret that we love ourselves a spot of yoga. And we’re sure you dig it just as much as we do. Whether you stretch it out in a local studio, the great outdoors or the extreme heat of Bikram, truth be told… our mats need a little lovin’ from time to time! When is the last time you seriously cleaned your mat?… hmm we thought so! To ensure we keep things clean and fresh, here is a simple DIY Homemade Yoga Mat Cleaner that can be whipped up in a flash. Now there are no excuses for keeping your mat squeaky clean!
With only 4 easy-to-find-ingredients your mat will be fresher than the day you bought it (and smell way better!)
Gather your 4 ingredients. Here is what you will need. 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 cup of water, 10 drops of lavender essential oil & 15 drops of tea tree oil & a spray bottle.
Fill your bottle about 3/4 full with water. Pour in the vinegar almost to the top of the bottle, leaving a little room for oil.
Add in the essential oils & give the bottle a shake!
A Simple DIY Homemade Yoga Mat Cleaner
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Fill your bottle about 3/4 full with water.
- Pour in the vinegar almost to the top of the bottle, leaving a little room for oil.
- Add in the essential oils & give the bottle a shake!
- Spray yoga mat with cloth and wipe clean!
What’s your favourite cleaning creation for your yoga mat?