You could be forgiven for thinking that fit girls don’t have much time for fun, but despite a dedication to food-prep Sundays & 6am spin class – she’s a mover & shaker at heart.
With a line-up of music festivals populating this year’s social calendar, not to mention Coachella kicking off this weekend, we’re all about letting our hair down while still upholding our “preparation is key” mentality. If you’re feeling the pressure to over-indulge in unhealthy food and drink, why not have a game plan and read our fit girl’s guide to staying healthy this festival season.
Things to bring:
- Sunscreen and a big floppy hat for sun protection
- Baby wipes & hand sanitizer
- Reusable water bottle (check ahead to see if they’ll have water fountains)
- Snacks – be prepared with healthy snacks such as an MNB energy bar, granola bar, spiced nuts, or tahini balls. These will give you oodles of energy, and will be a hit amongst your friends – so make extras!
- Bag with secure pockets for money, phone, etc. Ideally you want a bag small enough to carry your belongings, but one that won’t weigh you down all day. Opt for one that you can strap over your shoulder or a small backpack.
- Sweater – the temperature can drop at night in the desert, so be prepared so you don’t miss a beat!
- Battery charger – Instagram and texting will kill your battery fast, make sure you have a cordless battery charger to keep your technology buzzing all night long.
How to Dress:
1. Layer lightweight pieces
It can get quite hot during the day with drops to cool temperatures after sundown, so layers are key. To keep you cool during the day, be sure to mix in some fashionable LJ pieces that also wick moisture and will support you when you’re rocking out to Childish Gambino or running between tents.
A hint of color never hurt nobody. Be supported, stay super comfortable and add a pop of hue to your dance moves with a fun and flirty Sports Bra. Our Byron Sports Bra is perfect for festival feels or try a base color (like this one) to totally compliment a tie-dyed oversized sheer-tee.
Add color and depth to your festival outfits with hats and jewelry, a simple and easy way to dress up your LJ every day.
Nothing is a bigger buzz killer than getting around in an uncomfortable pair of shoes. Remember, you’ll be on your feet all day, so you don’t want your aching feet to distract you from great shows. Rock your LJ runners, Converse, breezy sandals or favourite sneakers for a sporty, yet all-round comfortable look.
The original run short or our new long line short tight are ideal for frolicking around in an open field – works a treat when layered with an oversized t-shirt. Ps. they will keep you cool and dry too! Bonus brownie points right there.
Some MNB festival mantras to remember…
Be present & enjoy the moment.
Of course you’ll want to capture some of the moments for your Instagram feed, but take some time to keep your phone in your pocket, and just take in all that is around you. As with all events in life, you should cherish every sweet detail as it is created.
Go with the flow.
Although it’s great to plan out who you want to see, if you follow a strict schedule, you may miss bands you didn’t even know you loved! On the flip side, don’t feel as though you have to see a band just because your festival friends do. As long as you have a plan about where to meet up after a show, go where your musical heart desires.
Be smart & safe.
Plan a meeting spot and time with your friends in case you lose each other and don’t have cell service. Be high on life and drunk on virtue. Stay hydrated and don’t drink too much.
Enjoy the sunshine, good vibes and music. Spend time with old friends and meet some new ones too! Forget about your worries and just take it all in.
*** Style disclaimer for the curious ones who want to know what else we’re wearing – the styles featured in this post are a combo of new Lorna Jane from lornajane.com and our fave non-Lorna Jane pieces! Yep, believe it or not, we are big believers in rocking the #ljstreetstyle trend where we team our fave fashion brands with our fave LJ styles! Easy.