When it comes to Active Living, self love is a key ingredient. When we approach healthy living from a place of love instead of a place of compulsion, it becomes easy and effortless… really! When we act out of love for ourselves, we don’t need willpower, we don’t feel deprived, and we don’t jump on and off the healthy living bandwagon every few days.
Instead, we make choices that nurture our body and soul because we know they will make us feel amazing. Self love means that eating whole foods is a preference not a pain, daily movement is a craving instead of a chore, and taking time out to re-charge replaces pushing through.
Self love is not a destination, it’s an ongoing practice. It’s the first place to start if we’re feeling stuck in a rut, flat, or unmotivated. It’s a million times better than the latest fad diet and it’s at the very core of living our best lives.
The best way to lay down that gorgeous foundation of self love is to make a self love practice part of your morning routine. Here are some ideas of how you can amp up your self love before breakfast:
- Write down three things you value about yourself
- Start your day with movement that you love
- Visualise your day playing out beautifully
- Dry body brush
- Diffuse your favourite essential oils (citrus and peppermint are super energising)
- Have a cup of your favourite herbal tea
- Make your bed
- Take 10 deep belly breaths
- Watch the sunrise
- Use luxurious organic products in the shower
- Light a soy candle
- Read a chapter of an inspiring book
- Massage organic coconut oil into your body
- Wear clothes that make you feel amazing
- Spend 10-minutes writing in your journal
- Play a song you love
- Have a big glass of warm filtered water
- Do a coffee body scrub
A self love practice can be anything that makes you feel great – share how you love to practice self love in the comments!
Amelia Harvey is a soul centered Self Love Coach from Perth, who inspires women to connect with their hearts and align with their true selves so they can live their most radiantly healthy and gorgeously happy life with ease.
Amelia is the creator of The Soul Sister Sessions, the journaling guide From the Heart, and her blog ameliaharvey.com.au. Her mission is to empower young women by providing a tool kit for a joyful life on every level – body, mind, and spirit. She believes that a healthy and happy life is all about practicing presence and compassion, trusting your intuition, and finding your sweet spot so you can do it all with ease.