Mixing up your fitness and health routine in the ‘off’ or festive season, leading in to the New Year/ new season is a great way to stay fresh and motivated in your daily goal of being the healthiest and fittest version of yourself you can be.
This time of year it can be tough to keep motivated so we have some quick ideas on how you can boost your motivation and have some fun while you do it!
If you are staying within tropical Australia during the summer or are travelling to a warm climate, here are my top tips to mix it up;
Get in the water!
My ALL TIME favourite fitness workout to do is Paddle Boarding! You can either hire them at your closest beach (if they offer it) or invest in one ready for summer (ask Santa!)
- Full body work out and toning exercise
- Amazing core strengthener
- Easily distracted from the fitness aspect due to being in the gorgeous water with amazing views, wherever you may be!
Try going for a morning swim before work every morning, for every day in December leading into Christmas! Whether that be at your closest beach (if it’s within reach), or visiting your closest pool for a quick 15 minute dip!
- The benefits physically as well as mentally are huge!
- 15 minutes of Vitamin D exposure before the day gets too hot is a bonus
- Overall wellbeing will benefit massively from this little routine, you will notice a change in your mental health as well
Head out into beautiful parklands!
We are blessed with the most incredible National Parks, whether they are situated next to the Coastline or out in the Hinterland. Pack a picnic and make a day trip out of it!
- Perfect cardio workout
- The views are out of this world beautiful
- Switch off your phone and get in touch with our gorgeous natural environment
- Connecting with nature and being away from the hustle and bustle has huge positive mental and emotional benefits
Step it Up!
Find your closest set of stairs up or a big hill and whip out a quick 10 minute stair session before you head off to a festive lunch or dinner! It is the quickest and easiest way to work up a sweat if you have limit time
- 10 x 30secs on sprinting up the stairs, 30 secs off walking back down and catching your breath
Happy Off Season! xx
What’s your favourite way to mix up your fitness routine to stay motivated?
Meet Gretel Tippett – MNB Contributor, Friend, Amazing Athlete, Nutrition Guru and New Puppy Mom heart
- Studying Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Player for the QLD Firebirds and Australian Diamonds Netball Teams
- Trained at the Australian Instutitue of Sport (from the age of 16) for Basketball and played in the WNBL league in 2010
- Competed at the u19 basketball world championships in Thailand placed 5th in 2009
- Competed at the u17 basketball world championships in France placed 7th in 2010
- Competed at the u19 basketball world championships in Chile placed 4th in 2011
- Competed at the World Youth Cup Netball Championships in Glasgow in 2013 placed 2nd
- Contracted to NSW Swifts 2014
- Won the ANZ Netball Championships with the Firebirds years 2015 & 2016
- Represented the Australian Diamonds in 2015 for the first time
- Member of the Australian Diamonds Squad since 2015
- Played in 3 Fast5 Netball Championships
Loves; family and friends, the beach at home (Miami on the Gold Coast), healthy living, dogs & living a balanced lifestyle. Also passionate about giving back to the future generations of netball and grassroots!