DISCLAIMER: No vegetables were harmed in the making of these falafels.
Meet your new Meat-Free Monday go-to! These delicious Broccoli Falafels are a lazy gal’s best friend, taking only 10 minutes to whip up with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Extra points scored for the super nourishing Macadamia & Lucuma dressing, loaded with iron, calcium and healthy fats.
Did we mention they’re also gluten free, dairy free, and vegan? Yes please!
- 1/2 head broccoli, roughly chopped and blanched
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray.
- Place all ingredients (except sesame and olive oil) in food processor and process until well combined.
- Roll 2 tablespoons full of mixture into a ball, then roll in sesame seeds and place on tray.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Bake 30 minutes turning at 15 minutes. Serve with greens and drizzle in dressing.
MACADAMIA DRESSING Ingredients
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- 1/2 zest lemon
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or lucuma powder
- Salt and pepper