More great news for all of the avo lovers out there (i.e. everyone, right?)!
While those of us already on the Avo and healthy fat bandwagon (toot toot!) know how much more filling and satisfying they can be than refined carbs, having a study confirming the difference is ‘significant’ and the health benefits is a great news for the ‘healthy fats don’t make you fat’ camp.
For years fats have been getting a raw deal with a lot of misconception around their link to weight gain, heart disease and cholesterol. But over the past few years we’ve been learning more about all of the amazing benefits of ‘healthy fats’.
Key benefits of avocado
- They’re delicious and can be used in a variety of recipes (examples below)
- Avocados are nutrient dense and are packed with antioxidants, vitamins (vitamin C, vitamin E, Vitamin K & B vitamins including B6 and folic acid) and minerals (manganese, copper, magnesium and potassium).
- They contain plant sterols which aid in reducing cholesterol, protecting the heart and have anti inflammatory properties.
- Their fibre content assists in digestive health and helping you stay fuller for longer.
- Their nutrient profile has a range of benefits from supporting in arthritis care to anti-aging properties including healthy skin, hair and nails.
So, if you’re finding yourself craving a few extra refined carbs to help make you feel full, perhaps all you need to do is add a little fresh avo to your plate!
Try these delicious ways to nom on your avos:
- Crunchy Avo Apple Snacks
- Avocado & Lime Soup
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Collagen Boost Smoothie
- Savoury Breakfast Bowl