We have all been guilty, at one time or another, of not drinking enough water. Sometimes it’s hard to choose the healthy option when the bright and bubbly fruit juices or soft drinks are sitting in the fridge looking all thirst-quenching and refreshing.
If you’re up to the challenge of creating these colourful creations, here is a delicious recipe to make your own sparkling drink that ups your water intake, tastes delicious and is a blast in a glass. You can also enjoy our fruity treats as cheeky snacks on those hot summer days!
What you’ll need:
Ice Ice Baby: Try Our Fruit Ice Cubes Recipe!
Total Time: 60 minutes
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup of frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp beetroot juice
- 2 large oranges peeled
- ½ banana
- ½ cup of spinach
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Blend all flavours, one at a time, in a blender until smooth. Feel free to mix and match and experiment with your own flavours!
- In two clean ice-cube trays, pour a variety of different flavours. Fill some squares to the halfway mark and fill some only 1/3 or 1/4 of the way.
- Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Keep adding layers, freezing for 20 minutes each time, until the ice-cube tray is full.
- Serve with soda water, for a citrusy or berry burst of flavour! Or simply eat as is on a hot summer's day.
We hope you enjoy the sweet and satisfying taste of these fun & fruity ice cubes!