These bite sized Coconut & Peppermint creams are oh-so delectable and seriously satisfying raw treat recipe. We warn you, it is simply impossible to stop at just one. Combining the sweetness of cacoa, coconut and mint, this treat was made in dessert heaven. Serve them up cold for a refreshing after dinner dessert.
Oh Hey Sweetie… A Coconut & Peppermint Raw Treat Recipe You Must Try!
Total Time: 60 minutes
Servings: Serves 24
- 2 x 400g tins of coconut cream (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 - 3 tbsp. stevia or maple syrup
- ½ tsp. natural green food colouring
- ½ tsp. peppermint or mint extract
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- FOR THE PEPPERMINT FILLING: Open 2 cans of coconut cream and scrape only the thick coconut cream from the top half of the can.
- Place all ingredients in your food processor (or use a hand-held mixer) using whipping attachment. Whip until it is the consistency of whip cream. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Set aside.
- FOR CHOC FILLING: Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In your food processor using a separate bowl blend your coconut oil, cocoa and 1/4 cup of maple syrup until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides occasionally).
- TO ASSEMBLE: Place 1/2 tbsp. of your chocolate mixture in each muffin cup.
- Then layer just under 1 tbsp. of your Mint Filling mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
- Finally, place another 1/2 tbsp. of the chocolate mixture on top of the Mint Filling layer.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and enjoy! Store in your freezer.